- Tested Species Reactivity:
- FC, IHC-F, IP, WB
- Additional Information:
- Description: CD105, also known as endoglin, is a disulfide-linked type II transmembrane homodimer that is predominantly expressed on vascular endothelial cells. It is also found on pre-erythroblasts, macrophages, and lymphoid and myeloid leukemic cells. Both mouse and human CD105 exhibit >70% sequence homology in their cytoplasmic domains with type III transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) receptor. CD105 has been shown to be one of several receptors for the various isoforms of TGFbeta which in turn is one of a family of proteins involved in regulation of cell differentiation, migration of cells, and control of the immune response.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at 2-8C
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-101443 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Inflamed mouse skin
- 0.5 mg/mL
- To ensure lot- to- lot consistency, each batch of monoclonal antibody is tested by immunohistochemicalstaining and/or flow cytometry to conform to characteristics of a standard reference reagent.
- Reagents contain sodium azide. Sodium azide is very toxic if ingested or inhaled. Avoid contact with skin,eyes, or clothing. Wear eye or face protection when handling. If skin or eye contact occurs, wash withcopious amounts of water. If ingested or inhaled, contact a physician immediately. Sodium azide yieldstoxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide- containing compounds in running water beforediscarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in lead or copper plumbing.
- Flow Cytometry: Purified antibody <=1 ug/106 cells
- Application Info:
- Identification and enumeration of CD105 + cells by flow cytometry 1, Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections) 5, Western blotting 1
- Other Applications Data:
- Since applications vary, each investigator must determine the dilutionsappropriate for their own individual applications.
- - The purified (UNLB) antibody is supplied as 0.5 mg of purified immunoglobulin in 1.0 mL of 100 mMborate buffered saline, pH 8.2. No preservatives or amine- containing buffer salts added. Store at 2- 8 C
- Protect conjugated forms from light. Reagents are stable for the period shown on the label if stored asdirected.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Ge, A.Z.,, and E.C. Butcher. 1994. Gene 138:201
2. Letarte, M., A. Greaves, and S. Vera. 1995. CD105 (endoglin) cluster report. In: Leucocyte Typing V, White Cell Differentiation Antigens. .
Eds. Schlossman, S., L. Boumsell, W. Gilks, J.M. Harlan, T Kishimoto, C. Morimoto, J. Ritz, S. Shaw, R. Silverstein, T. Springer, T.F. Tedder,
and R.F. Todd. Oxford University Press, p. 1756
3. Berg, e., et al. 1989. Homing receptors and vascular addressins: cell adhesion molecules that direct lympho cyte traffic. Immunol. Rev. .
4. Lastres, P., et al. 1996. J. Cell. Biol. 133:1109
5. Baluk, P., S. Morikawa, A. Haskell, M. Mancuso, and D.M. McDonald. 2003. Am. J. Pathol. 163(5):1801.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- Endo, CD105, AI528660, AI662476, S-endoglin
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ENG.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ENG.