- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD 450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- ~3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Rag2 ELISA Kit (Chicken) (OKEH06662) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Rag2 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Rag2 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Rag2 captured in the well.
- Kit Range:
- 0.78 - 50ng/ml
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level LIPC. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level LIPC using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Component:
|Rag2 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Rag2 Lyophilized Standard||2 x 50 ng|
|100X Rag2 HRP-Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Luminol Substrate||1 x 2 mL|
|Substrate Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- RAG-2, V(D)J recombination-activating protein 2
- Protein Name:
- V(D)J recombination-activating protein 2
- Description of Target:
- Core component of the RAG complex, a multiprotein complex that mediates the DNA cleavage phase during V(D)J recombination. V(D)J recombination assembles a diverse repertoire of immunoglobulin and T-cell receptor genes in developing B and T lymphocytes through rearrangement of different V (variable), in some cases D (diversity), and J (joining) gene segments. DNA cleavage by the RAG complex occurs in 2 steps: a first nick is introduced in the top strand immediately upstream of the heptamer, generating a 3'-hydroxyl group that can attack the phosphodiester bond on the opposite strand in a direct transesterification reaction, thereby creating 4 DNA ends: 2 hairpin coding ends and 2 blunt, 5'-phosphorylated ends. In the RAG complex, RAG2 is not the catalytic component but is required for all known catalytic activities mediated by RAG1. It probably acts as a sensor of chromatin state that recruits the RAG complex to H3K4me3.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
- 0.24 ng/mL
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Chicken V(D)J recombination-activating protein 2