- Official Gene Full Name:
- protein tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type F
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- PTPR-F; LAR; Leukocyte common antigen related
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family. PTPs are known to be signaling molecules that regulate a variety of cellular processes including cell growth, differentiation, mitotic cycle, and oncogenic transformation. This PTP possesses an extracellular region, a single transmembrane region, and two tandem intracytoplasmic catalytic domains, and thus represents a receptor-type PTP. The extracellular region contains three Ig-like domains, and nine non-Ig like domains similar to that of neural-cell adhesion molecule. This PTP was shown to function in the regulation of epithelial cell-cell contacts at adherents junctions, as well as in the control of beta-catenin signaling. An increased expression level of this protein was found in the insulin-responsive tissue of obese, insulin-resistant individuals, and may contribute to the pathogenesis of insulin resistance. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene, which encode distinct proteins, have been reported.
- Protein Name:
- Receptor-type tyrosine-protein phosphatase F
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids
- < 0.31ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated using 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level PTPRF. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level PTPRF using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology PTPRF ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD08060) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for PTPRF has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for PTPRF is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample PTPRF captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|PTPRF Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|PTPRF Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X PTPRF HRP-Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 µL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 µL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 2 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 20 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PTPRF.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PTPRF.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.