- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Focal adhesion kinase 1
- Alias Symbols:
- FAK, FADK, FAK1, FRNK, pp125FAK, PTK2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1688 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN FOCAL ADHESION KINASE
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PTK2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PTK2.
- The immunogen for anti-PTK2 antibody: synthetic peptide for the internal domain of human focal adhesion kinase.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-PTK2 antibody - OASA07758
- FOCAL ADHESION KINASE
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- Immunohistology - Paraffin(1): 2 - 5ug/ml
(1)Special conditions apply. See (*).
- Additional Information:
- Histology Positive Control Tissue: Ductal and lobular epithelium.
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide (NaN3)
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to focal adhesion kinase were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.7
- Target Reference:
- 1. McLean, G.W. et al. (2005) The role of focal-adhesion kinase in cancer - a new therapeutic opportunity. Nat. Rev. Cancer. 5: 505-515.
2. Mitra, S.K. et al. (2005) Focal adhesion kinase: in command and control of cell motility. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell. 6: 56-58.