- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Yeast, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- IHC, WB
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Paraffin embedded liver tissue, tested with an antibody dilution of 5 ug/ml.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-117298 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human PRDX2
- Affinity Purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Goat: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 79%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%; Yeast: 92%; Zebrafish: 79%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-PRDX2 (ARP48281_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: VLGVSVDSQFTHLAWINTPRKEGGLGPLNIPLLADVTRRLSEDYGVLKTD
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-PRDX2 (ARP48281_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP48281 (Previous Catalog # AAPY01650)
- Printable datasheet for anti-PRDX2 (ARP48281_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
PRDX2 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HeLa
- Target Reference:
- Fang,J., (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104 (47), 18742-18747
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Peroxiredoxin 2
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC4104, NKEFB, PRP, PRX2, PRXII, TDPX1, TSA, TPX1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- PRDX2 is a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes, which reduce hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides. It may play an antioxidant protective role in cells, and may contribute to the antiviral activity of CD8(+) T-cells. This protein may have a proliferative effect and play a role in cancer development or progression. The crystal structure of this protein has been resolved to 2.7 angstroms.This gene encodes a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes, which reduce hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides. The encoded protein may play an antioxidant protective role in cells, and may contribute to the antiviral activity of CD8(+) T-cells. This protein may have a proliferative effect and play a role in cancer development or progression. The crystal structure of this protein has been resolved to 2.7 angstroms. Transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for this gene.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PRDX2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PRDX2.
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; NEDD8; IPO11; CACYBP; PPP2R5D; PRDX1; METTL1; HECW2; ESR1; RAD52; NLGN3; CD320; COPS5; PRDX4; YWHAZ; VCAM1; UTY; SAT1; ITGA4; FN1; CA4; BAD; TPM3P4; TIPRL; TMEM9; RNF32; URM1; RIF1; EXOC6; CYCS; ECSIT; PRDX5; IFIT5; MAST1; PARK7; SEC23IP; CDC37; PRDX
Pratistha Tamrakar, PhD
University of Maryland Baltimore
2. Species and tissue/cell:
3. Fixation method:
4. What antigen retrieval method was used:
5. Primary antibody dilution:
6. Secondary antibody and dilution:
Biotinylated - 1:600
7. Description of stains and counterstain:
Ni DAB chromogen