- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Peroxiredoxin 2
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC4104, NKEFB, PRP, PRX2, PRXII, TDPX1, TSA, TPX1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-117298 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- PRDX2 is a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes, which reduce hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides. It may play an antioxidant protective role in cells, and may contribute to the antiviral activity of CD8(+) T-cells. This protein may have a proliferative effect and play a role in cancer development or progression. The crystal structure of this protein has been resolved to 2.7 angstroms.This gene encodes a member of the peroxiredoxin family of antioxidant enzymes, which reduce hydrogen peroxide and alkyl hydroperoxides. The encoded protein may play an antioxidant protective role in cells, and may contribute to the antiviral activity of CD8(+) T-cells. This protein may have a proliferative effect and play a role in cancer development or progression. The crystal structure of this protein has been resolved to 2.7 angstroms. Transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for this gene.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PRDX2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PRDX2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human PRDX2
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Goat, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Yeast, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Goat: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 79%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%; Yeast: 92%; Zebrafish: 79%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-PRDX2 (ARP48281_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: VLGVSVDSQFTHLAWINTPRKEGGLGPLNIPLLADVTRRLSEDYGVLKTD
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; NEDD8; IPO11; CACYBP; PPP2R5D; PRDX1; METTL1; HECW2; ESR1; RAD52; NLGN3; CD320; COPS5; PRDX4; YWHAZ; VCAM1; UTY; SAT1; ITGA4; FN1; CA4; BAD; TPM3P4; TIPRL; TMEM9; RNF32; URM1; RIF1; EXOC6; CYCS; ECSIT; PRDX5; IFIT5; MAST1; PARK7; SEC23IP; CDC37; PRDX
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-PRDX2 (ARP48281_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP48281 (Previous Catalog # AAPY01650)
- Printable datasheet for anti-PRDX2 (ARP48281_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
PRDX2 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HeLa
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Paraffin embedded liver tissue, tested with an antibody dilution of 5 ug/ml.
- Target Reference:
- Fang,J., (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104 (47), 18742-18747
Pratistha Tamrakar, PhD
University of Maryland Baltimore
2. Species and tissue/cell:
3. Fixation method:
4. What antigen retrieval method was used:
5. Primary antibody dilution:
6. Secondary antibody and dilution:
Biotinylated - 1:600
7. Description of stains and counterstain:
Ni DAB chromogen