- Official Gene Full Name:
- protein phosphatase methylesterase 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- PME-1, RGD1309683
- Description of Target:
- Demethylates proteins that have been reversibly carboxymethylated. Demethylates PPP2CB (in vitro) and PPP2CA. Binding to PPP2CA displaces the manganese ion and inactivates the enzyme.
- Protein Name:
- Protein phosphatase methylesterase 1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 0.3125 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.625 - 40 ng/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology PPME1 ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03629) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-human Ppme1 antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Ppme1 and incubated. The Ppme1 found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Ppme1 for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-human Ppme1 antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Ppme1 and sample or standard Ppme1 is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Ppme1 captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Ppme1 which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Ppme1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Ppme1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Ppme1-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Ppme1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Ppme1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural Rat PME-1. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive Immunoassay