- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- ACTH, adrenal corticotropic hormone, alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone, alphaMSH, alpha-MSH, BE, beta-endorphin, beta-melanocyte stimulating hormone, beta-MSH, Corticotropin-lipotropin, gamma-melanocyte stimulating hormone, gamma-MSH, POMC, Pomc1, Pomc
- Description of Target:
- ACTH stimulates the adrenal glands to release cortisol. MSH (melanocyte-stimulating hormone) increases the pigmentation of skin by increasing melanin production in melanocytes. Beta-endorphin and Met-enkephalin are endogenous opiates.
- Protein Name:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 15.6 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <6.3% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <8.2% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology POMC ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH03680) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-human Pomc antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Pomc and incubated. The Pomc found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Pomc for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-human Pomc antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Pomc and sample or standard Pomc is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Pomc captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Pomc which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Pomc Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Pomc Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Pomc-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 85%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Pomc.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Pomc.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural Mouse Beta-endorphin. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive Immunoassay