- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Description of Target:
- Plasmin dissolves the fibrin of blood clots and acts as a proteolytic factor in a variety of other processes including embryonic development, tissue remodeling, tumor invasion, and inflammation. In ovulation, weakens the walls of the Graafian follicle. It activates the urokinase-type plasminogen activator, collagenases and several complement zymogens, such as C1 and C5. Cleavage of fibronectin and laminin leads to cell detachment and apoptosis. Also cleaves fibrin, thrombospondin and von Willebrand factor. Its role in tissue remodeling and tumor invasion may be modulated by CSPG4. Binds to cells.
- Protein Name:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates, cell lysates, cell culture supernates and other biological fluids
- 0.41 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.41 - 300 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated using 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level PLG. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level PLG using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology PLG Chemi-Luminescent ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD03886) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for PLG has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for PLG is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of a luminol substrate which is catalyzed by the HRP to produce light emission. The light emission is read by a luminometer (or photo-multiplier equipped instrument) and the intensity of the emitted light is proportional to the amount of sample PLG
- Kit Component:
|PLG Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|PLG Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X PLG Biotinylated Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Luminol Substrate||1 x 2 mL|
|Substrate Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
- Kit Linearity:
|EDTA Plasma (n=5)||86-94%||80-101%||78-101%||95-104%|
|Heparin Plasma (n=5)||79-94%||94-102%||90-97%||80-102%|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery range (%)||Average(%)|
|EDTA Plasma (n=5)||95-105||101|
|Heparin Plasma (n=5)||91-105||101|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Chemiluminescent, visible wavelength light
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PLG.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PLG.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA