- Product Format:
- Application Info:
- Aviva Pico Western Substrate can also be applied as ELISA substrates.
- Additional Information:
- Substrate Type: HRP (Horseradish Peroxidase) Substrate.
Content: Luminol solution and Peroxide solution.
- No optimization required. Switching to the Aviva Pico Western Substrate from other brands does not require optimization or protocol changes.
- High degree of sensitivity and enhanced chemiluminescence duration. Aviva Pico Western Substrate enables an accurate low picogram or high femtogram detection of protein on the same immunoblot after a single exposure.
- Optimized for use with PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes.
- Compatible with Western Blotting Markers.
- Optimized for film and CCD-based imaging.
- Chemiluminescent Development:
- Keep the membrane moist in the wash buffer while preparing the substrate mixture. Make sure the membrane does not dry out in the next steps.
- The chemiluminescent substrate solution is sufficiently stirred to prepare the 0.1ml of solution / cm2 of the membrane.
- For a small membrane (7 x 8.5 cm), 4 ml of solution is sufficient.
- For a medium-sized membrane (8.5 x 135 cm), 10 ml of solution is sufficient.
- Place the membrane on a clean, flat surface or in a clean container.
- Remove the membrane from the chemiluminescent substrate solution and drain the excess solution.
- Place the membrane in a plastic sheet protector or plastic wrap to prevent the film from drying out.
- Imaging the membrane with a digital imager or by exposure to the X-ray film.
- Performance: The membrane was probed with a 1:10000 dilution of β-actin antibody and then serially diluted HeLa whole cell lysates were prepared using a rabbit IgG IgG HRP conjugated secondary antibody at 1:10,000, and apply in electrophoresis and protein transfer. The same blot was incubated with 5 ml of Aviva Pico Western Substrate. Blots were simultaneously exposed for 10 seconds, 30 seconds and 60 seconds using a UVP BIO SPECTRUM-AC digital imaging system.
- Cost Comparison:
|Size||Aviva PICO Western Substrate||Brand 1||Brand 2|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at room temperature for 1 year, 4C for 2 years.
- Printable datasheet for OOBJ00001
- Tips Information: