- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- BMI1 polycomb ring finger oncogene
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Polycomb complex protein BMI-1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- PCGF4, RNF51, FLVI2/BMI1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-10745 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- PCGF4 regulates telomerase expression in MECs and plays a role in the development of human breast cancer.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PCGF4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PCGF4.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human PCGF4
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 86%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 93%; Yeast: 83%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-PCGF4 (ARP34213_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: TPVQSPHPQFPHISSTMNGTSNSPSGNHQSSFANRPRKSSVNGSSATSSG
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- RNF2; RING1; NDEL1; PHC2; UBC; TP53; HIST4H4; LENG8; PAXBP1; SFXN1; TIMM50; ZC3HAV1L; NME1; NHP2L1; NFX1; NDUFA4; NCL; NCBP1; MAGOH; CAPRIN1; KTN1; ILF3; ILF2; IK; HSPA1A; HIST1H2BB; HIST1H2BD; GTF3C1; GATA2; FUS; EWSR1; FBL; ERH; EP300; ELAVL1; ELAVL2; D
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-BMI1 (ARP34213_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP34213 (Previous Catalog # AAPP05528)
- Printable datasheet for anti-BMI1 (ARP34213_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
BMI1 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in A172
- Target Reference:
- Guney,I., et al., (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 103 (10), 3645-3650
Primary Antibody Dilutions were 1:500 for both antibodies in 5% tween TBS milk solution. The membranes were incubated overnight at 4 C.
Secondary Antibody dilutions were 1:4000 in 5% tween TBS milk solution. The membranes were incuabted for 1 hour at room temprature.
Exponentially growing human MM cell lines were collected and lysed on ice in RIPA extraction buffer with freshly added protease inhibitors.
Protein concentration was measured by Bradford method.
20 ug of protein were loaded in each well.
Protein separation was done using 4-12% tris-gels from invitrogen.
Membranes were blocked with 5% milk Tween TBS solution for 1 hour at room temprature.
Primary antibody dilutions were 1:500 for both antibodies in 5% tween TBS milk solution. The membranes were incubated overnight at 4 C.
Horse-Radish Peroxidase cpuopled secondary antibody dilutions were 1:4000 in 5% tween TBS milk solution. The membranes were incuabted for 1 hour at room temprature. Western blot were developed using the ECL-system from amersham, GE-healthcare.
I think the BMI-1 antibody ARP34213 is giving the expected band for BMI-1 protein based on the size (around 45 kDa). This is in agreement with the results that I have obtained using the BMI-1 antibody from Santa cruz (sc-390443).
Submitted by Mohammad Alzrigat, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University