- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- 1110035O14Rik, DKFZp666B131, MGC117256, PBEF, VF, VISFATINï¼›NAMPT, PBEF1, VISFATIN
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase
- Protein Accession #:
- Description of Target:
- PBEF1 catalyzes the condensation of nicotinamide with 5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate to yield nicotinamide mononucleotide, one step in the biosynthesis of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. The protein is an adipokine that is localized to the bloodstream and has various functions, including the promotion of vascular smooth muscle cell maturation and inhibition of neutrophil apoptosis. It also activates insulin receptor and has insulin-mimetic effects, lowering blood glucose and improving insulin sensitivity. The protein is highly expressed in visceral fat and serum levels of the protein correlate with obesity.
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express NAMPT.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express NAMPT.
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; NEDD8; NDRG1; CTSA; PEPD; MVD; GSR; ASS1; ANXA6; CD81; AKT2; ADORA2A; IFITM3; ND1; GGT1; FTL; CUL5; DDA1; GBAS; FANCA;
- Quality Control:
- This product was tested on western blot.
Application : Western blot standard.
Observed Molecular Weight: 48
Expression system : Bacteria
- GST in N-terminal
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 200ul of distilled water. Final concentration is 1 mg/ml. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Additional Information:
- Buffer Formulation: 0.1M Tris-HCl (pH 6.8) buffer containing 0.2M DTT, 4% SDS, 0.2% Bromophenol blue and 20% Sucrose.