- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-130387 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of Human PAX2
- Affinity Purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Sheep: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-PAX2 (ARP31220_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: DPVGSYSINGILGIPRSNGEKRKRDEDVSEGSVPNGDSQSGVDSLRKHLR
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-PAX2 (ARP31220_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP31220
- Printable datasheet for anti-PAX2 (ARP31220_P050) antibody
Hurtado, A. et al. Regulation of ERBB2 by oestrogen receptor-PAX2 determines response to tamoxifen. Nature 456, 663-6 (2008). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 19005469
Lee, S. B. et al. PAX2 regulates ADAM10 expression and mediates anchorage-independent cell growth of melanoma cells. PLoS One 6, e22312 (2011). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 21876729
Palmieri, C. et al. Expression of steroid receptor coactivator 3 in ovarian epithelial cancer is a poor prognostic factor and a marker for platinum resistance. Br. J. Cancer 108, 2039-44 (2013). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 23652306
Viringipurampeer, I. A. et al. Pax2 regulates a fadd-dependent molecular switch that drives tissue fusion during eye development. Hum. Mol. Genet. 21, 2357-69 (2012). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 22357656
Yu, A. L. et al. Hypoxia/reoxygenation and TGF-beta increase alphaB-crystallin expression in human optic nerve head astrocytes. Exp. Eye Res. 84, 694-706 (2007). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 17261280
Yu, A. L. et al. Reactivation of optic nerve head astrocytes by TGF-beta2 and H2O2 is accompanied by increased Hsp32 and Hsp47 expression. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 50, 1707-17 (2009). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 18952926
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Paired box protein Pax-2 Ensembl ENSP00000452527
- Description of Target:
- PAX2 encodes paired box gene 2, one of many human homologues of the Drosophila melanogaster gene prd. The central feature of this transcription factor gene family is the conserved DNA-binding paired box domain. PAX2 is believed to be a target of transcriptional supression by the tumor supressor gene WT1. Mutations within PAX2 have been shown to result in optic nerve colobomas and renal hypoplasia.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express PAX2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express PAX2.
- Protein Interactions:
- BBS7; BBS4; BBS2; BBS1; RB1; BRCA1; SFRP2; PAXIP1; WT1; MAPK8IP1; MAPK8; ID2;