- Official Gene Full Name:
- ribosomal protein S6 kinase, 90kDa, polypeptide 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-130870 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Rabbit immunoglobulin
- WB, IP, ELISA
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RPS6KA1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RPS6KA1.
- Human p90 RSK1 C-terminal peptide, conjugated to KLH
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Bovine
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00376
- 1ug/mL (WB)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects a ~90kDa protein corresponding to the molecular mass of p90 RSK1 on SDS PAGE immunoblots.
- Scientific Background: The p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (Rsk) family comprises four mammalian serine/threonine kinases (Rsk1–4). In the past, S6K1 and S6K2 were thought to be the predominant operating S6 kinases, however RSK 1 and 2 have been shown to phosphorylate S6 in response to the ERK pathway, or otherwise known as the extra cellular signal-regulated kinases pathway. RSK 1 in particular is very multifunctional as it participates in nuclear signaling, regulates nuclear factors, regulates several transcription factors like c-Fos, and interacts with the transcriptional coactivator CREB-binding protein. As a result, RSK1 seems to have an important role in cellular growth control and proliferation. (1-5).
- Certificate of Analysis: 0.25mg/ml was sufficient for detection of 7 in lysates prepared from mouse brain, spleen and intestine.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Roux, P. (2007). UCSD-Nature Molecule Pages. 2. Fro¨din, M. and Gammeltoft, S. (1999) Mol. Cell.
Endocrinol. 151: 65-77.
3. Merienne, K. et al. (1998) J. Med. Genet. 35: 890-894.
4. De Cesare, D. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad.
Sci. 95: 12202-12207.
5. Joel, P. B. et al. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biol. 18:
- Storage Buffer:
- TBS, 50% glycerol, 0.09% sodium azide