- Official Gene Full Name:
- inhibitor of growth family, member 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-373817 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Rabbit immunoglobulin
- WB, ELISA, IF
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Ing1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Ing1.
- Mouse p33 ING1 N-terminal peptide –KLH conjugates
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human and Mouse
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00374
- 1ug/mL (WB)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects a ~33kDa protein corresponding to the molecular mass of p33 ING1 on SDS PAGE immunoblots.
- Scientific Background: The p33ING1 protein encodes a 33-kD, 294-amino acid protein that displays the characteristics of a tumor suppressor gene. The p33ING1 protein is a regulator of cell cycle, senescence, and apoptosis. It can mediate growth arrest, anchor dependent growth and influence chemo sensitivity (1-4). It also has a proposed role as a growth regulator, which is consistent with its location in the nucleus (5).
It has been demonstrated that the ING1 gene has three exons and that four mRNA variants are transcribed from three different promoter regions (p33 ING1, p24 ING1, p27 ING1, p47 IG1) (6, 7). ING1 can possibly influence the above biological functions depending on which variant is expressed (1-4).
- Certificate of Analysis: 0.25mg/mL was sufficient for detection of in lysates prepared from human melanoma cell lines by western blot analysis.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Cheung, K.J., Jr. and Li, G. (2002) Int. J. Oncol. 21(6): 1361-1365.
2. Cheung, K.J., Jr. and Li, G. (2002) Exp. Cell
Res. 279(2): 291-28.
3. Cheung, K.J., Jr. and Li, G. (2002) Int. J.
4. Cheung, K.J., Jr. and Li, G. (2001) Exp. Cell
Res. 268(1): 1-6.
5. Garkavtsev, I. et al. (1996). Nat Genet. 14
6. Gunduz, M. et al. (2000). Cancer Res. 60
7. Jager, D. et al. (1999). Cancer Res. 59: 6197-
- Storage Buffer:
- TBS, 50% glycerol, 0.09% sodium azide