Careers - Open Positions
2. Laboratory Technician
The company is now seeking to expand our western blot program. To accomplish these goals, we seek a highly driven and capable laboratory technician to work in an extremely effective environment. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of wet lab experience completing, optimizing and evaluating western blots.
The role will consist of the following activities:
* Tissue and cell line sample preparation.
* Buffer formulation.
* Experience handling pH meter and corrosives.
* Experience with Bio-Rad’s western blot reagents, equipment, and software.
* Ensures accurate and complete documentation of lab activities.
* Verifying antibody purity through SDS page, gel electrophoresis, silver staining, western blotting, and enzyme immunoassays.
* Determining antibody concentration using NanoDrop, Bradford, and/or BCA.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Be highly motivated, have excellent organizational and communication skills, and must be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Knowledge of western blot design, optimization and scale-up methods.
* Minimum 2 years of practical experience with a track record of relevant expertise.
* Strong understanding of high-throughput identification/validation approaches.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Team player with strong interpersonal and with leadership skills.
About the company
Aviva Systems Biology Incorporated specializes in providing polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies for research needs. Unlike other companies, we design, manufacture and validate our own antibodies. We currently offer over 16,000 antibodies to the most popular protein targets. Our head office is in San Diego, CA, we also have an office in Beijing, China. Both locations provide scientific support assisting researchers with a variety of proteomic objectives. The company provides unique tools for research associated to unique species and targets. The company's products are relevant to 10,000 unique species, 10,000 cellular processes, and 5,000 protein pathways. In the last 2 years, Aviva has been able to generate over 1,300 reviews from researchers. Many reference a name, research institution, protocols, application notes, and images.
Transcription factors, cancer, cardiovascular, cell biology, DNA damage and repair, epigenetics, signal transduction, cell differentiation, and stem cell biology.
Immunohistochemistry, species reactivity, antibody customer reviews, western blot, immunoprecipitation, Antibody Blast, Gene tools.