- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Rat
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized. Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3
- Rabbit IgG
- Subcellular Localization: Cell membrane; Lipid-anchor. Cell membrane; Single-pass type II membrane protein. Membrane raft. Secreted. A secreted form also exists. Localization to membrane rafts requires palmitoylation.
Tissue Specificity: Expressed at high level in endothelial cells and vascular-rich organs such as placenta, lung, liver and brain, aortic intima, bone marrow, spinal cord and substantia nigra. Also expressed at the surface of dendritic cells. Widely expressed at intermediate and low level.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: 0.2ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500ug/ml.
Storage: At -20C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4C for one month. It can also be aliquoted and stored frozen at -20C for a longer time. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- LOX1, LOXIN, SLOX1, CLEC8A, SCARE1,
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-11648 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- OLR1 (oxidized low density lipoprotein (lectin-like) receptor 1) also called CLEC8A, LOX-1, SCARE1, is a receptor protein which belongs to the C-type lectin superfamily. The OLR1 gene encodes a cell-surface endocytosis receptor for oxidized low density lipoprotein (OxLDL).The OLR1 gene is mapped on 12p13.2. Incubation of the cells with LDL had no effect on LOX1 expression, but incubation with OxLDL resulted in a dose-dependent increase in LOX1 mRNA and protein expression; however, very high concentrations of OxLDL caused a decrease in OxLDL expression, perhaps indicating toxic effects on endothelial cells. LOX1 was also expressed in macrophages, but not in vascular smooth muscle cells. The findings suggested a role for LOX1 in the pathophysiology of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.LOX1 expression was detected in all choroidal neovascular membranes, regardless of structure, whereas there was no evidence of LOX1 within the posterior segments of normal eyes. LOX1 plays an active role in the pathogenesis of choroidal neovascularization, especially in ARMD.
- Molecular Weight:
- 31 kDa
- Immunogen affinity purified.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express OLR1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express OLR1.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence in the middle region of human OLR1 (114-127aa NEKSKEQMELHHQN), different from the related rat sequence by three amino acids.
- Printable datasheet for OABB00784
- No cross reactivity with other proteins.
- Application Info:
- Western Blot: 0.1-0.5 μg/ml; Tested Species: Human, Rat
- Target Reference:
- 1. Aoyama, T., Sawamura, T., Furutani, Y., Matsuoka, R., Yoshida, M. C., Fujiwara, H., Masaki,
T. Structure and chromosomal assignment of the human lectin-like oxidized low-density-lipoprotein
receptor-1 (LOX-1) gene. Biochem. J. 339: 177-184, 1999.
2. Delneste, Y., Magistrelli, G., Gauchat, J.-F., Haeuw, J.-F., Aubry, J.-P., Nakamura, K.,
Kawakami-Honda, N., Goetsch, L., Sawamura, T., Bonnefoy, J.-Y., Jeannin, P. Involvement of LOX-1
in dendritic cell-mediated antigen cross-presentation. Immunity 17: 353-362, 2002.
3. Luedecking-Zimmer, E., DeKosky, S. T., Chen, Q., Barmada, M. M., Kamboh, M. I. Investigation of
oxidized LDL-receptor 1 (OLR1) as the candidate gene for Alzheimer's disease on chromosome
12. Hum. Genet. 111: 443-451, 2002
Gioia, M; Vindigni, G; Testa, B; Raniolo, S; Fasciglione, GF; Coletta, M; Biocca, S; Membrane Cholesterol Modulates LOX-1 Shedding in Endothelial Cells. 10, e0141270 (2015). WB, Human, Rat 26495844
- Tips Information: