- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- neuropeptide S
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Neuropeptide S
- Description of Target:
- May play an important anorexigenic role. Modulates arousal and anxiety as well as increases locomotor activity. Binds to its receptor NPSR1 with nanomolar affinity to increase intracellular calcium concentrations.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 0.082 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156 - 10ng/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology NPS ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03551) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-human Nps antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated Nps and incubated. The Nps found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated Nps for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-human Nps antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated Nps and sample or standard Nps is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated Nps captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of Nps which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Nps Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Nps Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Nps-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Nps.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Nps.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Rat Neuropeptide S