- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- IHC, WB
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Nucleophosmin (nucleolar phosphoprotein B23, numatrin)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- B23, NPM
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-116348 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- NPM3 is a member of Nucleophosmin (NPM) family. NPM is a ubiquitously expressed nucleolar phosphoprotein that continuously shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express NPM1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express NPM1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human NPM1
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human: 100%; Mouse: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-NPM1 (ARP34114_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: DDDFDDEEAEEKAPVKKGQESFKKQEKTPKTPKGPSSVEDIKAKMQASIE
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- COX8A; NPM2; HUWE1; UBC; PA2G4; FUS; TP53; AURKA; SUMO2; SUMO3; ELF4; STAU1; CDKN2A; LGR4; SUMO1; MDM2; RPA3; RPA2; RPA1; ERG; rev; TRMT61A; OSBP; KPNA1; LIMCH1; ARMCX3; YWHAQ; PARK2; TARDBP; TUBA1C; TAB2; CEP152; DZIP1; COPG1; STK38; COPE; PARK7; AKAP11;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-NPM1 (ARP34114_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP34114 (Previous Catalog # AAPP05587)
- Printable datasheet for anti-NPM1 (ARP34114_T100) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
There is BioGPS gene expression data showing that NPM1 is expressed in HepG2
- Target Reference:
- Falini,B., et al., (2005) N. Engl. J. Med. 352 (3), 254-266
Researcher: Andrei L. Gartel, University of Illinois at Chicago
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Lane 1: 25ug MIA PaCa-2 cell lysate Lane 2: 25ug MDA-MB-231 cell lysate Lane 3: 25ug Huh-7 cell lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:2000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit-HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:5000
|How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?||We haven't used them until the trial.|
|How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?||4: -some background bands|
|Would you use this antibody in future experiments?||May be|
|Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?||Yes|
|Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?||Yes|
|If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?||May be.|
|How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?||4 degree C|
|Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):||Human cancer cells; 25 ng|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?||One|
|How was this sample prepared?||Cells were lysed in 20mM Hepes, 1% Triton-X-100, 150mM NaCl, 1mM EDTA, 1mM EGTA, 100 mM NaF, 10mM Na4P2O7, 1mM Na3VO4, 0.2mM PMSF containing buffer.|
|Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:||1:2000; overnight at 4 degree C|
|Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:||1:5000; 1 hr at room temp.; Jackson Immunoresearch|
|What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?||Our own corresponding antibodies.|
|Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:|| - Samples were mix on 10% gel in 1X running buffer (Tris-Glycine-SDS).
- Transfered to PVDF membrane in trannsfer buffer (Tris-Glycine-MeOH) for 24hrs at 48V.
- Blocked in 5% milk (in TBST) for 1 hr at room temp.
- Primary1:2000 overnight at 4 degree C.
- Washed 3X 15 min in TBST.
- Secondary 1:5000 1 hr at room temp.
- Washed 3x 15 min in TBST.
- Substrate (Thermo scientific #34080) for 5 min and expose film for 30 sec, 3 min or overnight.