Catalog No: OKIA00157 (Formerly GWB-374Z46)
Availability: Domestic: within 1-2 weeks delivery | International: 1-2 weeks
Please contact customer service when ordering 10+ kits.
- Toll Free: 888-880-0001
- Phone: 858-552-6979
- Email: email@example.com
- $55: Antibody & Protein in US
- $55 + $25/Kit in US
- Contact us for international orders.
NGAL ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKIA00157)
|Datasheets/Manuals||Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.|
|Predicted Species Reactivity||Rat|
|Product Format||In Solution|
|Application||Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assay-Sandwich|
|ELISA Kit Detection Method||Colorimetric, OD450 nm|
|ELISA Kit Duration||110 Minutes|
|ELISA Kit Principle||Aviva Systems Biology NGAL ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKIA00157) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody for Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and washed to remove unbound proteins. An Anti-Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin - HRP conjugated detector antibody is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin captured in the well.|
|ELISA Kit Range||0.25 ng/ml - 8 ng/ml|
|ELISA Kit Component|
|Additional Information||Intended Use: The NGAL test kit is a highly sensitive two-site enzyme linked immunoassay (ELISA) for measuring NGAL in biological samples of rats.|
1. DILUENT CONCENTRATE (Running Buffer)
One bottle containing 50 ml of a 5X concentrated diluent running buffer.
2. WASH SOLUTION CONCENTRATE
One bottle containing 50 ml of a 20X concentrated wash solution.
3. ENZYME-ANTIBODY CONJUGATE 100X
One vial containing 150 ul of affinity purified anti-Rat NGAL antibody conjugated with horseradish peroxidase in a stabilizing buffer.
4. CHROMOGEN-SUBSTRATE SOLUTION
One vial containing 12 mL of 3,3’,5,5’-tetramethybenzidine (TMB) and hydrogen peroxide in
citric acid buffer at pH 3.3.
5. STOP SOLUTION
One vial containing 12 ml 0.3 M sulfuric acid.
WARNING: Avoid contact with skin.
6. ANTI-RAT NGAL ELISA MICRO PLATE
Twelve removable eight (8) well micro well strips in well holder frame. Each well is coated with affinity purified anti-Rat NGAL.
7. RAT NGAL CALIBRATOR
One vial containing Rat NGAL calibrator.
|Reconstitution and Storage||Store as indicated in product manual.|
|Sample Type||Serum, plasma and other biological fluids|
|Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence||Rat|
|Assay Info||Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA|
|Gene Full Name||lipocalin 2|
|NCBI Gene Id||170496|
|Protein Name||Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin|
|Description of Target||Iron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.|
- Reconstitution & Storage Instructions
- Western Blotting/Immunoblotting (WB/IB) Protocol
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Protocol
- Immunocytochemistry (ICC) Protocol
- Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay (ELISA) Protocol
- Blocking Peptide Competition Protocol (BPCP)
- Immunoprecipitation (IP) Protocol
- Antibody Array (AA) Protocol
- Tips Information:
See our General FAQ page.
Write Your Own Review
We found other products you might like!
- NGAL ELISA Kit (Human) (OKIA00076)Catalog #: OKIA00076Application: Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assay-SandwichKit Range: 0.625 ng/ml - 20 ng/mlSensitivity: 0.177 ng/mlFormat: In SolutionSize: 1x96WELLPLATEPrice: $550.00
- LCN2 Antibody (OABF00666)Catalog #: OABF00666Conjugation: UnconjugatedApplication: IHC-PFormat: Liquid. Aqueous buffered solution containing 100ug/ml BSA, 50% glycerol and 0.09% sodium azide.Size: 100ulPrice: $409.00
- LCN2 ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH04085)Catalog #: OKEH04085Application: Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assay-SandwichKit Range: 15.6-1000pg/mLSensitivity: 7.9 pg/mLSize: 96TPrice: $425.00
- NGAL ELISA Kit (Human) : 96 Wells (OKAG00234)Catalog #: OKAG00234Application: Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assay-SandwichKit Range: 79-5000 pg/mlSensitivity: 79 pg/mLFormat: 1 x 96-Well Plate or 12 x 8-Well StripsSize: 12x8WELLSPrice: $475.00
- LCN2 ELISA Kit (Human) : 96 Wells (OKEH02817)Catalog #: OKEH02817Application: Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent assay-SandwichKit Range: 0.156-10ng/mLSensitivity: 0.12 ng/mLSize: 96TPrice: $500.00