- Alias Symbols:
- Ngfb, Ngf
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Beta-nerve growth factor
- Description of Target:
- PURIFIED MOUSE NERVE GROWTH FACTOR 2.5S
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Ngf.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Ngf.
- Product Format:
- Purified natural murine nerve growth factor - lyophilised
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Nerve growth factor has a variety of effects on the growth and development of sensory and sympathetic neurons. In the peripheral nervous system, NGF is required for the development and maintenance of sympathetic nerve cells that use catecholamine neurotransmitters.
- Additional Information:
- Approx Protein Conc: 1.0mg/ml
- Label Protein Molar Ratio: Murine nerve growth factor is prepared from the submaxillary glands of mice by a modification of the method of Bocchini and Angeletti.
Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Bocchini, V. and Angeletti, P.U. (1969) The nerve growth factor: purification as a 30,000-molecular-weight protein.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 64: 787-794.
- Printable datasheet for OPSA10712
- Tips Information: