- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Myc proto-oncogene protein
- Alias Symbols:
- MRTL, c-Myc, bHLHe39, MYC
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-110502 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- MOUSE ANTI C-MYC
- Protein Size (# AA):
- IHC-AFF, ELISA, FC, IHC-FFPE, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MYC.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MYC.
- The immunogen for anti-MYC antibody: synthetic peptide sequence AEEQKLISEEDLL corresponding to the C-terminal region of human c-myc.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-MYC antibody - OASA00538
- Application Info:
- Flow Cytometry(1): Neat - 1/10
ELISA: 1/100 - 1/500
Western Blotting(2): 1/100 - 1/500
- Application Data:
- Application #1: c-myc tagged protein detected with Mouse anti c-myc:Alk Phos
- Additional Information:
- Fusion Partners: Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the myeloma cell line.
- Preparation: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Evan, G.I. et al. (1985) Isolation of monoclonal antibodies specific for human c-myc. Proto-oncogene product. Mol. Cell. Biol. 5: 3610 -3616.
2. Spandidos, D. A. et al. (1987) Elevated expression of the myc gene in human benign and malignant breast lesions compared to normal tissue. Anticancer Res. 7: 1299 -1304.