- Official Gene Full Name:
- mechanistic target of rapamycin
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- FK506-binding protein 12-rapamycin complex-associated protein 1, FKBP12-rapamycin complex-associated protein, FLJ44809, FRAP, FRAP1, FRAP2, Mammalian target of rapamycin, Mechanistic target of rapamycin, mTOR, RAFT1, Rapamycin target protein 1, RAPT1, Ser
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene belongs to a family of phosphatidylinositol kinase-related kinases. These kinases mediate cellular responses to stresses such as DNA damage and nutrient deprivation. This protein acts as the target for the cell-cycle arrest and immunosuppressive effects of the FKBP12-rapamycin complex. The ANGPTL7 gene is located in an intron of this gene.
- Protein Name:
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase mTOR
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- < 39 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 78 - 5000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 6.1% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 9.2% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology MTOR ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH02402) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for MTOR has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for MTOR is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample MTOR captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|MTOR Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|MTOR Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated C9 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 97%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MTOR.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MTOR.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human Serine/threonine-protein kinase mTOR. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay