- FC, IF
- Description of Target:
- MITOCHONDRIAL MEMBRANE POTENTIAL KIT
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Printable datasheet for OKSA11297
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at +4oC until the expiration date.
Protect the MitoPTTM TMRE reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 0.2mM MitoPTTM TMRE stock should be stored at -20oC protected from light.
- Product Format:
- The MitoPT TMRE kit uses a quick and easy staining method to clearly differentiate between nonapoptotic and apoptotic cells through mitochondrial functionality.
- Additional Information:
- Test Principle: An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as TMRE (tetramethylrhodamine ethyl ester), that has been incorporated into the MitoPT TMRE kit.
The MitoPT TMRE reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of nonapoptotic cells and fluoresces bright orange/red, whilst in poptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and exhibits a reduced orange/red fluorescence level. This allows an easy distinction between apoptotic and nonapoptotic fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
Reagents In The Kit: MitoPT TMRE Reagent lyophilized to make up 0.2mM stock
10X Assay Buffer, 30mL
125uL vial 50mM Carbonylcyanide m chlorophenylhydrazone (CCCP) concentrate in DMSO.
- Shelf Life: The 0.2mM MitoPT TMRE reconstituted stock is stable for up to 12 months and may be thawed three times during that time.
Acknowledgements: MitoPT is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- Tips Information: