- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- WB, IHC
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-100560 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human MFN2
- Affinity Purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 93%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-MFN2 (ARP42420_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: LEQEIAAMNKKIEVLDSLQSKAKLLRNKAGWLDSELNMFTHQYLQPSR
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-MFN2 (ARP42420_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP42420 (Previous Catalog # AAPP11559)
- Printable datasheet for anti-MFN2 (ARP42420_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Chung,K.W., (2008) Neurology 70 (21), 2010-2011
Hepatitis C virus NS5A protein cooperates with phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase IIIÎ± to induce mitochondrial fragmentation. Sci Rep. 6: 23464 (2016). WB, IHC, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 27010100
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Mitofusin 2
- Alias Symbols:
- CMT2A, CMT2A2, CPRP1, HSG, KIAA0214, MARF
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- MFN2 is a mitochondrial membrane protein that participates in mitochondrial fusion and contributes to the maintenance and operation of the mitochondrial network. It is involved in the regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, and it may play a role in the pathophysiology of obesity. Mutations in this gene cause Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A2, and hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy VI, which are both disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Defects in this gene have also been associated with early-onset stroke.This gene encodes a mitochondrial membrane protein that participates in mitochondrial fusion and contributes to the maintenance and operation of the mitochondrial network. This protein is involved in the regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, and it may play a role in the pathophysiology of obesity. Mutations in this gene cause Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2A2, and hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy VI, which are both disorders of the peripheral nervous system. Defects in this gene have also been associated with early-onset stroke. Two transcript variants encoding the same protein have been identified.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MFN2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MFN2.
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; MARCH5; PARK2; UBE2N; MFN2; TER94; MAVS; vpr; HUWE1; MAPK9;
Sample type: Mouse brain, subcellular fractions.
Lane 1: 30ug mouse brain subcellular fraction (pure mitochondria)
Lane 2: 30ug mouse brain subcellular fraction (crude mitochondria)
Sample preparation method: ref: Wieckowski MR, Nature protocols, 2009; 4(11):1582-90.
Primary antibody dilution: 1:5000
Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:2000
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
1. Target Name:
2. Sample type/lane description:
Mouse: HeLa, Wild type mouse embryonic fibroblast (WTMEF), c-Jun N-terminal kinase knock out mouse embryonic fibroblast (JNK-/-)
Lane 1: 25ug HeLa cells
Lane 2: 25ug WTMEF cells
Lane 3: 25ug JNK cells
Aviva’s MFN2 antibody stained green (MFN2). B-actin (red) with separate antibody.
3. Primary antibody dilution:
4. Secondary antibody and dilution:
LICOR Biosciences - 1:15000
HeLa, WTMEF (wild type mouse embryonic fibrolast), and JNK (c-jun N-terminal kinase) k/o MEFs were grown to 90% confluency in p35. Cells were washed twice with ice-cold PBS and 100ul of lysis buffer (50mM Tris-HCl pH 7.8, 150mM NaCl, 1% NP-40, 0.2% Sodium deoxycholate) containing protease and phosphatase inhibitors were added to each well. The plates were incubated rocking at 4˚C for 5 minutes. Cells were scrapped with cell scrapper and were sonicated for 30 seconds. Cell lysate was left on ice for 5 minutes and centrifuged at 15,000rpm for 15 minutes. The supernatant obtained was collected in new tube and stored at -80˚C.
BCA assay was done to determine the protein concentration. 25ug of protein was mixed with 6X loading dye. The protein sample was denatured by heating at 95˚C for 5 minutes. The sample was left on ice for 5 minutes.
The samples were loaded on the gel and ran at 100V. Protein was transferred to the nitrocellulose membrane by wet transfer. The transfer was done at 100V for 90 mins. The membrane was washed with water and incubated with blocking buffer (0.1% TBS, 5%BSA), rocking for one hour at RT. It was incubated O/N with primary antibody (1:500) in blocking buffer (0.1% TBST, 5% BSA) at 4°C. Loading control was used in the ratio of 1:10000.
After incubation, the membrane was washed 3X with 0.1% TBST, rocking for 10 minutes at RT. It was incubated with secondary antibody (LICOR anti-rabbit) in the ratio of 1:15000 in blocking buffer (0.1% TBST, 5% BSA) for 1 hour at room temperature. The membrane was washed as before and scanned in the Odyssey scanner.