- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Mitofusin 1
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- DKFZp762F247, FLJ20693, MGC41806, hfzo1, hfzo2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-166644 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a mediator of mitochondrial fusion. This protein and mitofusin 2 are homologs of the Drosophila protein fuzzy onion (Fzo). They are mitochondrial membrane proteins that interact with each other to facilitate mitochondrial targeting.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MFN1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MFN1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human MFN1
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Horse: 86%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 93%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-MFN1 (ARP57702_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: QVDITQKQLEEEIARLPKEIDQLEKIQNNSKLLRNKAVQLENELENFTKQ
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- PARK2; MARCH5; UBC; TER94; MAVS; CCNB1; ILF2; BAK1;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-MFN1 (ARP57702_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP57702 (Previous Catalog # AAPP42948)
- Printable datasheet for anti-MFN1 (ARP57702_P050) antibody
Papanicolaou, K. N. et al. Mitofusin-2 maintains mitochondrial structure and contributes to stress-induced permeability transition in cardiac myocytes. Mol. Cell. Biol. 31, 1309-28 (2011). WB, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 21245373
Bonala, S. et al. Pid1 induces insulin resistance in both human and mouse skeletal muscle during obesity. Mol. Endocrinol. 27, 1518-35 (2013). WB, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat 23927930
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
1. Target Name:
2. Sample type/lane description:
Mouse: HeLa, Wild type mouse embryonic fibroblast (WTMEF), c-Jun N-terminal kinase knock out mouse embryonic fibroblast (JNK-/-)
Lane 1: 25ug HeLa cells
Lane 2: 25ug WTMEF cells
Lane 3: 25ug JNK-/- cells
Aviva’s MFN1 antibody stained green (MFN1). B-actin (red) with separate antibody.
3. Primary antibody dilution:
4. Secondary antibody and dilution:
LICOR Biosciences - 1:15000
HeLa, WTMEF (wild type mouse embryonic fibrolast), and JNK (c-jun N-terminal kinase) k/o MEFs were grown to 90% confluency in p35. Cells were washed twice with ice-cold PBS and 100ul of lysis buffer (50mM Tris-HCl pH 7.8, 150mM NaCl, 1% NP-40, 0.2% Sodium deoxycholate) containing protease and phosphatase inhibitors were added to each well. The plates were incubated rocking at 4˚C for 5 minutes. Cells were scrapped with cell scrapper and were sonicated for 30 seconds. Cell lysate was left on ice for 5 minutes and centrifuged at 15,000rpm for 15 minutes. The supernatant obtained was collected in new tube and stored at -80˚C.
BCA assay was done to determine the protein concentration. 25ug of protein was mixed with 6X loading dye. The protein sample was denatured by heating at 95˚C for 5 minutes. The sample was left on ice for 5 minutes.
The samples were loaded on the gel and ran at 100V. Protein was transferred to the nitrocellulose membrane by wet transfer. The transfer was done at 100V for 90 mins. The membrane was washed with water and incubated with blocking buffer (0.1% TBS, 5%BSA), rocking for one hour at RT. It was incubated O/N with primary antibody (1:500) in blocking buffer (0.1% TBST, 5% BSA) at 4°C. Loading control was used in the ratio of 1:10000.
After incubation, the membrane was washed 3X with 0.1% TBST, rocking for 10 minutes at RT. It was incubated with secondary antibody (LICOR anti-rabbit) in the ratio of 1:15000 in blocking buffer (0.1% TBST, 5% BSA) for 1 hour at room temperature. The membrane was washed as before and scanned in the Odyssey scanner.