- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- minichromosome maintenance complex component 2
- Alias Symbols:
- BM28; CCNL1; CDCL1; Cdc19; Mitotin; DNA Replication Licensing Factor MCM2; Nuclear protein BM28
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM2
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by MCM2 is one of the highly conserved mini-chromosome maintenance proteins (MCM) that are involved in the initiation of eukaryotic genome replication. The hexameric protein complex formed by MCM proteins is a key component of the pre-replication complex (pre_RC) and may be involved in the formation of replication forks and in the recruitment of other DNA replication related proteins. This protein forms a complex with MCM4, 6, and 7, and has been shown to regulate the helicase activity of the complex. This protein is phosphorylated, and thus regulated by, protein kinases CDC2 and CDC7.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids
- < 0.056ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated using 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level MCM2. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level MCM2 using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology MCM2 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD07648) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for MCM2 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for MCM2 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample MCM2 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|MCM2 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|MCM2 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X MCM2 HRP-Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 µL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 µL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 2 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 20 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MCM2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MCM2.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.