- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Mannose-binding protein C
- Swissprot Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- MBL, MBP, MBP1, MBPD, MBL2D, MBP-C, COLEC1, HSMBPC,
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-17908, HPA002027
- Description of Target:
- Myelin basic protein (MBP) is a major constituent of the myelin sheath of oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells in the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system, respectively. It is most abundant in hemopoietic system and contains seven exons distributed over 32-34 kb. MBP isolated from MS brain may differ in charge microheterogeneity which would affect antigenic determinants. MBP is mapped to chromosome 18q22-23. Failure in this gene expression would be correlated in the central white matter with extrapyramidal system degeneration signs. Moreover, it is a candidate autoantigen in the disease multiple sclerosis.
- Immunogen affinity purified
- WB, IHC-P
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MBL2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MBL2.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminus of human Myelin Basic Protein(182-197aa KLGGRDSRSGSPMARR), identical to the related rat and mouse sequences.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human; Mouse; Rat
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized. Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: 0.2ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500ug/ml.
Storage: At -20C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20C for a longer time. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Printable datasheet for OABB00147
- No cross reactivity with other proteins.
- Optimal dilutions should be determined by end user.
- Rabbit IgG
- Application Info:
- Suggested Antibody Concentration:
Western Blot: 0.1-0.5 μg/ml; Tested Species: Human, Mouse, Rat
IHC-Paraffin*: 0.5-1μg/ml; Tested Species: Mouse, Rat
* Antigen Retrieval: By Heat: Boiling the paraffin sections in 10 mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 20 mins is required for the staining of formalin/ paraffin sections.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Marty MC, Alliot F, Rutin J, Fritz R, Trisler D, Pessac B.The myelin basic protein gene is expressed
in differentiated blood cell lineages and in hemopoietic progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002
Jun 25; 99(13):8856-61.
2. Streicher R, Stoffel W.The organization of the human myelin basic protein gene. Comparison with
the mouse gene. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1989 May; 370(5):503-10.
3. McLaurin JA, Hafler DA, Antel JP.Reactivity of normal T-cell lines to MBP isolated from normal and
multiple sclerosis white matter. J Neurol Sci. 1995 Feb; 128(2):205-11.
4. Iester A, Vignola S, Callegarini L, Gimelli G, Alpigiani MG. [18q syndrome with deficiency of myelin
basic protein (MBP)] Pediatr Med Chir. 1996 Mar-Apr; 18(2):201-5.
5. Tranquill LR, Skinner E, Campagnoni C, Vergelli M, Hemmer B, Muraro P, Martin R, McFarland HF,
Campagnoni AT, Voskuhl RR. Human T lymphocytes specific for the immunodominant 83-99
epitope of myelin basic protein: recognition of golli MBP HOG 7. J Neurosci Res. 1996 Sep 15;
Li, H; Ruberu, K; Karl, T; Garner, B; Cerebral Apolipoprotein-D Is Hypoglycosylated Compared to Peripheral Tissues and Is Variably Expressed in Mouse and Human Brain Regions. 11, e0148238 (2016). WB, IHC-P, Human, Mouse, Rat 26829325
- Tips Information: