- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Rat
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- IHC, IP, WB
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Myelin basic protein
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Myelin basic protein
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-117036 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- The classic group of MBP isoforms (isoform 4-isoform 14) are with PLP the most abundant protein components of the myelin membrane in the CNS. They have a role in both its formation and stabilization. The smaller isoforms might have an important role in remyelination of denuded axons in multiple sclerosis. The non-classic group of MBP isoforms (isoform 1-isoform 3/Golli-MBPs) may preferentially have a role in the early developing brain long before myelination, maybe as components of transcriptional complexes, and may also be involved in signaling pathways in T-cells and neural cells. Differential splicing events combined with optional post-translational modifications give a wide spectrum of isomers, with each of them potentially having a specialized function. MBP induces T-cell proliferation.The protein encoded by the classic MBP gene is a major constituent of the myelin sheath of oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells in the nervous system. However, MBP-related transcripts are also present in the bone marrow and the immune system. These mRNAs arise from the long MBP gene (otherwise called 'Golli-MBP') that contains 3 additional exons located upstream of the classic MBP exons. Alternative splicing from the Golli and the MBP transcription start sites gives rise to 2 sets of MBP-related transcripts and gene products. The Golli mRNAs contain 3 exons unique to Golli-MBP, spliced in-frame to 1 or more MBP exons. They encode hybrid proteins that have N-terminal Golli aa sequence linked to MBP aa sequence. The second family of transcripts contain only MBP exons and produce the well characterized myelin basic proteins. This complex gene structure is conserved among species suggesting that the MBP transcription unit is an integral part of the Golli transcription unit and that this arrangement is important for the function and/or regulation of these genes.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MBP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MBP.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human MBP
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 80%; Dog: 87%; Guinea Pig: 79%; Horse: 80%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Pig: 80%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 87%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-MBP (ARP56224_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: FGGDRGAPKRGSGKDSHHPARTAHYGSLPQKSHGRTQDENPVVHFFKNIV
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- CTDSP1; MAP3K3; UBC; PRKCB; MAPK3; MAPK1; ULK1; SQSTM1; PKN1; HIPK2; MNAT1; CDK9; CDK8; CDK7; CCNT1; CCNH; CCNC; MELK; DDX58; MAPK14; AT4G38520; AT4G31860; AT4G28400; ABI1; RPS6KA6; TOPP8; AT5G24940; AT5G10740; AT5G06750; AT3G17250; AT3G02750; AT3G15260;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-MBP (ARP56224_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP56224 (Previous Catalog # AAPP38142)
- Printable datasheet for anti-MBP (ARP56224_P050) antibody
- Other Applications Image 1 Data:
- IP Suggested Anti-MBP Antibody
Positive Control: NT2 CELL/BRAIN TISSUE
- Other Applications Image 2 Data:
- IP Suggested Anti-MBP antibody
Titration: 2 ug/ml
Positive Control: Rat brain homogenate
- Target Reference:
- Zhang,Q.Y., (2008) Arch. Med. Res. 39 (1), 45-51
from University of Rennes
“The size of the protein was unexpected : ~15kDa instead of 33kDa. But according to Wikipedia, the major form of MBP isaround 18kDa”
Sample type/lane description: Dog: Transitional cell carcinoma of urinary bladder known to have mutations of BRAF, healthy brain of a glioma case, glioma. The two last samples were publish in Ulve, Rault et al 2017.
Lane 1: 10ug transitional cell carcinoma of dog urinary bladder
Lane 2: 10ug healthy dog brain of a glioma case
Lane 3: 10ug dog glioma
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody dilution: Anti-rabbit HRP conjugated secondary; 1:2000.
Protocol: Protein samples were denatured for 10min at 95°C, and equal amounts of cell proteins (10 ug) were subjected to10% SDS–PAGE and transferred onto nitrocellulose membranes.
Sample type/lane description: Mouse spinal cord lysates; 15 week old wild-type and transgenic mice.
Lane 1-2: 30ug spinal cord lysate (WT mice)
Lane 3-6: 30ug spinal cord lysate (transgenic mice)
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000; 20 – 24 hours at 4°C.
Secondary antibody and dilution: Goat anti rabbit IgG; 1:10,000.
Blocking buffer used: 5% non-fat milk in 0.05% TBST.