- Official Gene Full Name:
- microtubule-associated protein tau
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Microtubule-associated protein tau, Mtapt, Tau, AI413597; AW045860
- Description of Target:
- Promotes microtubule assembly and stability and might be involved in the establishment and maintenance of neuronal polarity. The C-terminus binds axonal microtubules while the N-terminus binds neural plasma membrane components, suggesting that tau functions as a linker protein between both. Axonal polarity is predetermined by tau localization (in the neuronal cell) in the domain of the cell body defined by the centrosome. The short isoforms allow plasticity of the cytoskeleton whereas the longer isoforms may preferentially play a role in its stabilization.
- Protein Name:
- Microtubule-associated protein tau
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- < 15.6 pg/ml
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1,000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 4.9% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 8.0% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology MAPT ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH01411) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for MAPT has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for MAPT is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample MAPT captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|MAPT Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|MAPT Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated MAPT Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 91%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express MAPT.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express MAPT.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural mouse Microtubule-associated protein tau. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay