- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Rat
- Product Format:
- WB, IHC-P
- Additional Information:
- Content: Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3
- Background: Lamin-B1 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the LMNB1 gene. The nuclear lamina consists of a two-dimensional matrix of proteins located next to the inner nuclear membrane. The lamin family of proteins make up the matrix and are highly conserved in evolution. During mitosis, the lamina matrix is reversibly disassembled as the lamin proteins are phosphorylated. Lamin proteins are thought to be involved in nuclear stability, chromatin structure and gene expression. Vertebrate lamins consist of two types, A and B. This gene encodes one of the two B type proteins, B1
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- 0.2ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500ug/ml. At -20C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4C for one month.
It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20C for a longer
time. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-20682 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Immunogen affinity purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LMNB1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LMNB1.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminal ofhuman Lamin B1, different from the related rat sequence by one aminoacid, mouse sequence by three amino acids.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human; Rat
- Rabbit IgG
- Optimal dilutions should be determined by end user.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Pollard, K. M.; Chan, E. K.; Grant, B. J.; Sullivan, K. E.; Tan, E. M.; Glass, C. A. : In vitro
posttranslational modification of lamin B clones from a human T-cell line. Molec. Cell. Biol. 10:
2. Tsai, M.-Y.; Wang, S.; Heidinger, J. M.; Shumaker, D. K.; Adam, S. A.; Goldman, R. D.; Zheng, Y. :
A mitotic lamin B matrix induced by RanGTP required for spindle assembly. Science 311: