- Official Gene Full Name:
- leukemia inhibitory factor
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Cholinergic neuronal differentiation factor, Leukemia inhibitory factor, LIF
- Description of Target:
- LIF has the capacity to induce terminal differentiation in leukemic cells. Its activities include the induction of hematopoietic differentiation in normal and myeloid leukemia cells, the induction of neuronal cell differentiation, and the stimulation of acute-phase protein synthesis in hepatocytes.
- Protein Name:
- Leukemia inhibitory factor
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 39 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 78 - 5,000 pg/mL
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology LIF ELISA Kit (Rat) (OKEH03028) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for Lif has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for Lif is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Lif captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-Lif Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|Lif Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated Lif Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Lif.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Lif.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural rat LIF. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay