- Alias Symbols:
- OB, OBS, FLJ94114, LEP
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- RECOMBINANT HUMAN LEPTIN
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 16.0kD (147 amino acid residues).
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LEP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LEP.
- Product Format:
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Leptin is a major adipose-derived hormone and member of the leptin family, which plays a key role in appetite control and the regulation of energy expenditure.
Secreted leptin associates with proteins within the bloodstream and is transported to the brain, where it inhibits or up-regulates the activity of neuropeptides such as neuropeptide Y (NPY) and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone respectively. Leptin is a recognised marker of obesity, with a correlation between circulating levels of leptin and body fat mass, and defects in leptin production result in severe obesity. Regulators of leptin expression include insulin, cortisol, cAMP and thiazolidinediones.
- Additional Information:
- Activity: This product is biologically active in the ob/ob mouse obesity model. The ob/ob mice were treated via intraperitoneal injection once daily at a dose of 5 ug Leptin/gm of body weight for 7 days. Significant effects on body weight, food consumption, and plasma glucose levels were observed to saline-treated controls.
Approx Protein Conc: 1.0mg/ml
- Endotoxin Level: < 1EU/ug
- Label Protein Molar Ratio: Purified recombinant leptin expressed in E.coli.
Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 1.0ml distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Printable datasheet for OPSA11045
- Tips Information: