- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- 1 x 96-Well Plate or 12 x 8-Well Strips
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ94114, Leptin, OB, Obese protein, Obesity factor, OBS
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a protein that is secreted by white adipocytes, and which plays a major role in the regulation of body weight. This protein, which acts through the leptin receptor, functions as part of a signaling pathway that can inhibit food intake and/or regulate energy expenditure to maintain constancy of the adipose mass. This protein also has several endocrine functions, and is involved in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis and wound healing. Mutations in this gene and/or its regulatory regions cause severe obesity, and morbid obesity with hypogonadism. This gene has also been linked to type 2 diabetes mellitus development.
- Sample Type:
- Cell lysates, sera and plasma
- 63 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 63-4,000 pg/mL
- Kit Principle:
- The Aviva Human Leptin ELISA Kit contains the components necessary for quantitative determination of natural or recombinant Human Leptin concentrations within any experimental sample including cell lysates, serum and plasma. This particular immunoassay utilizes the quantitative technique of a "Sandwich" Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) where the target protein (antigen) is bound in a "sandwich" format by the primary capture antibodies coated to each well-bottom and the secondary detection antibodies added subsequently by the investigator. The capture antibodies coated to the bottom of each well are specific for a particular epitope on Human Leptin while the user-added detection antibodies bind to epitopes on the captured target protein. Amid each step of the procedure, a series of wash steps must be performed to ensure the elimination of non-specific binding between proteins to other proteins or to the solid phase. After incubation and "sandwiching" of the target antigen, a peroxidase enzyme is conjugated to the constant heavy chain of the secondary antibody (either covalently or via Avidin/Streptavidin-Biotin interactions), allowing for a colorimetric reaction to ensue upon substrate addition. When the substrate TMB (3, 3’, 5, 5’-Tetramethylbenzidine) is added, the reaction catalyzed by peroxidase yields a blue color that is representative of the antigen concentration. Upon sufficient color development, the reaction can be terminated through addition of Stop Solution (2 N Sulfuric Acid) where the color of the solution will turn yellow. The absorbance of each well can then be read by a spectrophotometer, allowing for generation of a standard curve and subsequent determination of protein concentration.
- Kit Component:
|Capture Antibody Coated Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8)|
|Protein Standard||Lyophilized (83 ng)|
|Biotinylated Detection Antibody||Lyophilized|
|400x Streptavidin-HRP||30 μl|
|Wash Buffer (15x)||50 mL|
|Assay Diluent||50 mL|
|Ready-to-Use Substrate||12 mL|
|Stop Solution||12 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LEP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LEP.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- The Human Leptin ELISA is capable of recognizing both recombinant and naturally produced Human Leptin proteins. The antigens listed below were tested at 50 ng/ml and exhibited less than 5% cross reactivity.
• Murine: Leptin
The antigens listed below were tested at 50 ng/ml and exhibited less than 2% cross reactivity.
• Rat: Leptin
The antigens listed below were tested at 50 ng/ml and did not exhibit significant cross reactivity or interference.
• Human: Adiponectin, gAcrp30, GLP-1, Resistin, Vaspin
• Murine: Resistin