- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- FLJ94114, Leptin, OB, Obese protein, Obesity factor, OBS
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a protein that is secreted by white adipocytes, and which plays a major role in the regulation of body weight. This protein, which acts through the leptin receptor, functions as part of a signaling pathway that can inhibit food intake and/or regulate energy expenditure to maintain constancy of the adipose mass. This protein also has several endocrine functions, and is involved in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses, hematopoiesis, angiogenesis and wound healing. Mutations in this gene and/or its regulatory regions cause severe obesity, and morbid obesity with hypogonadism. This gene has also been linked to type 2 diabetes mellitus development.
- Protein Name:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Sample Type:
- cell culture, supernates, serum, and plasma
- 15 pg/ml
- Kit Reproducibility:
- The coefficient of variation of both intra-assay and inter-assay were less than 10%.
- Kit Component:
Components 2 vials human Leptin Standard lyophilized, 2000 pg/ml upon reconstitution 2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-human Leptin antibody 2 vials Streptavidin-HRP solution 4 bottles Standard /sample Diluent 1 bottle Biotin-Conjugate antibody Diluent 1 bottle Streptavidin-HRP Diluent 1 bottle Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween-20) 1 vial Substrate Solution 1 vial Stop Solution 2 vials human MCP-1 Standard lyophilized, 1000 pg/ml upon reconstitution 2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-human MCP-1 monoclonal antibody
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LEP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LEP.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- This assay recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-32alpha. The factors listed below were prepared at 50ng/ml in Standard /sample Diluent and assayed for cross-reactivity and no significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
Recombinant human: IL-1a, IL-1ra, IL-1 sRI, IL-1 sRII
Recombinant mouse: IL-1a
Recombinant porcine: IL-1b
Bironneau, V; Goupil, F; Ducluzeau, PH; Le Vaillant, M; Abraham, P; Henni, S; Dubois, S; Paris, A; Priou, P; Meslier, N; Sanguin, C; Trzépizur, W; Andriantsitohaina, R; Martinez, MC; Gagnadoux, F; Association between obstructive sleep apnea severity and endothelial dysfunction in patients with type 2 diabetes. 16, 39 (2017). ELISA, Human 28327146
- Assay Info:
- Assay Method: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Additional Information:
- Sample Type: cell culture supernates, serum, and plasma
- Reagents: REAGENTS
1. Aluminum pouches with a Microwell Plate coated with monoclonal antibody to human Leptin (8x12)
2. 2 vials human Leptin Standard lyophilized, 2000 pg/ml upon reconstitution
3. 2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-human Leptin monoclonal antibody
4. 2 vials Streptavidin-HRP solution,
5. 1 bottle Standard /sample Diluent
6. 1 bottle Biotin-Conjugate antibody Diluent
7. 1 bottle Streptavidin-HRP Diluent
8. 1 bottle Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween-20)
9. 1 vial Substrate Solution
10. 1 vial Stop Solution
11. 3 pieces Adhesive Films
12. package insert
- Tips Information: