- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- OB, OBS, FLJ94114, LEP
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-28344 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- SHEEP ANTI LEPTIN
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express LEP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express LEP.
- The immunogen for anti-LEP antibody: hMW conjugated leptin amino acids 57-70.
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-LEP antibody - OASA09298
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA: 1/10,000 - 1/50,000
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide (NaN3)
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to leptin were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Mantzoros, C.S. (1999) The role of leptin in human obesity and disease: A review of current evidence. Ann. Intern. Med. 130: 671-680.
2. Houseknecht, K.L. et al. (1998) The biology of leptin: A review. J. Anim. Sci. 76: 1405-1420.
- Tips Information: