- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- potassium voltage-gated channel, Shal-related subfamily, member 2
- Protein G Purified
- WB, IHC, IP
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Kcnd2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Kcnd2.
- Synthetic peptide amino acids 209-225 (extracellular S1-S2 loop) of rat Kv4.2 (CGSSPGHIKELPSGERY
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Mouse, Rat
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00215
- 1ug/mL (WB), 0.1-1ug/mL (IHC/ICC), 1-10ug/mL (IF)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: ~75-80kDa
- Scientific Background: The Kv4.2 potassium channel is a voltage-gated channel protein which belongs to the delayed rectifier class and to the ShaI potassium channel subfamily (3). All of the KV channels can product delayed-rectifier and transient “A-type” currents, all members of the KV4 subfamily mediate IA (3). Kv4 channels in the central nervous system localize to the soma and dendrites, and therefore are responsible for the somato-dendritic A-type K+ current (ISA) (3,4).
- Certificate of Analysis: 1ug/mL was sufficient for detection of Kv4.2 in 20ug of rat brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3rd
Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.: Sunderland, MA USA.
3. Phuket T.R., and Covarrubias M. (2009) Front Mol Neursci.
4. Barghaan J., and Bahring R. (2009) J Gen Physiol. 133(2):
- Tips Information: