- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- potassium voltage gated channel, Shab-related subfamily, member 1
- Protein G Purified
- WB, IHC, IP, ICC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Kcnb1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Kcnb1.
- Bacterially expressed GST Bacterially expressed GSTfusion protein corresponding to
amino acids 509-853 of rat KV2.1, accession number NM_004975.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00196
- 1ug/mL (WB), 0.1-1ug/mL (IHC/ICC), 1-10ug/mL (IF)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects ~105-125kDa. Recognizes the Shab related alpha-
- Scientific Background: Voltage gated channels are tetrameters composed of four alpha-subunits arranged around a central pore. Each alpha subunit
consists of six transmembrane segments with
cytoplasmic NH2 and COHO-termini. Members of the KV1-
KV4 subfamilies generate functional K+ channels in a
homotetrameric configuration. The KV2 subfamily consists of
KV2.1 and KV2.2, and both have very similar properties.
Members of the KV2 subfamily are widely expressed in
neuronal tissues. They have also been reported in neurons in
the dorsal root ganglia (3-5).
- Certificate of Analysis: 1ug/mL was sufficient for detection of Kv2.1 in 20ug of rat brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3rd Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.: Sunderland, MA USA.
3. Bocksteins E., et al. (2009) Am J Physiol. 296:C1271-C1278.
4. Ishikawa K, Tanaka M, Black J.A., and Wasman S.G. (1999)
Muscle Nerve 22: 502-507.
5. Kim D.S., Choi J.O., Rim H.D., and Cho H.J. (2002) Brain Res
Mol Brain Res. 105: 146-152.