- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- potassium voltage-gated channel, shaker-related subfamily, member 1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-11182 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein G Purified
- WB, ICC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Kcna1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Kcna1.
- Synthetic peptide amino acids 191-208 (ELKDDKDFTGTIHRIDNTC, extracellular domain) or rat Kv1.1
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00206
- 1ug/mL (WB), 0.1-1ug/mL (IHC/ICC), 1-10ug/mL (IF)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: ~56kDa (could be 65-85 depending on glycosylation)
- Scientific Background: Kv1.1, also known as potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 1, is a shaker related voltage potassium
channel that in humans is encoded by the SCNA1 gene (3-5).
It is strongly expressed in a variety of neurons in adult
rodents, and it appears to be involved in regulating neuronal
excitability. Specifically it plays a role in several
developmental processes including proliferation, migration
and cell-cell adhesion (6). The Isaacs syndrome is a result of
an autoimmune reaction against the Kv1.1 ion channel (7).
- Certificate of Analysis: 1ug/mL was sufficient for detection of Kv1.1 in 20ug of rat brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable Membranes, 3rd Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.: Sunderland, MA USA.
3. Curran M.E., Landes G.M. and Keating M.T. (1992)
Genomics. 12(4): 729-737.
4. Albrecht B., Weber K. and Pongs O. (1995) Recept.
Channels. 3(3): 213-220.
5. Gutman G.A., et al. (2005) Pharmacol Rev. 57(4): 473-
6. Hallow J.L., Tempel B.L. (1998) J Neurosci. 18(15): 5682-
7. Newsom-Davis J. (1997) Ann N.Y. Acad Sci. 835: 111-119.