- Official Gene Full Name:
- KiSS-1 metastasis-suppressor
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- KiSS-1, Kisspeptin-1, Metastasis-suppressor KiSS-1, METASTIN, MGC39258, PP5098
- Description of Target:
- This gene is a metastasis suppressor gene that suppresses metastases of melanomas and breast carcinomas without affecting tumorigenicity. The encoded protein may inhibit chemotaxis and invasion and thereby attenuate metastasis in malignant melanomas. Studies suggest a putative role in the regulation of events downstream of cell-matrix adhesion, perhaps involving cytoskeletal reorganization. A protein product of this gene, kisspeptin, stimulates gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-induced gonadotropin secretion and regulates the pubertal activation of GnRH nuerons. A polymorphism in the terminal exon of this mRNA results in two protein isoforms. An adenosine present at the polymorphic site represents the third position in a stop codon. When the adenosine is absent, a downstream stop codon is utilized and the encoded protein extends for an additional seven amino acid residues.
- Protein Name:
- Metastasis-suppressor KiSS-1
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Urine, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 0.078 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.156 - 10ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 3.5% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 5.9% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology KISS1 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH01461) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for KISS1 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for KISS1 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample KISS1 captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|KISS1 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|KISS1 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X Biotinylated KISS1 Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 80%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express KISS1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express KISS1.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Natural and recombinant Human Metastasis-suppressor KiSS-1
- Platonov, ME, Borovjagin, AV, Kaverina, N., Xiao, T., Kadagidze,Z., Lesniak, M. , Baryshnikova, M. and I. Ulasova. KISS1 tumor suppressor restricts angiogenesis of breast cancer brain metastases and sensitizes them to oncolytic virotherapy in vitro. Cancer Letters. 2018 Mar 28; 417:75-88. ELISA, Human 29269086
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich ELISA