- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- WB, IHC, IP
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects ~34kDa. No cross reactivity against KCIPs 1,2 or 4
- Scientific Background: There are four member of the KChiPs (Kv4 potassium channel interacting protein) family. They are all EF hand containing
proteins required for the traffic of channel forming
Kv4 K+ subunits to the plasma membrane (3).
KChiP3 is also known as calsenilin and as the transcription
factor, downstream regulatory element antagonist
modulator (DREAM), which regulates a number of genes
including prodynorphon. They are highly expressed in the
hippocampus. Through its various functions, it may play a
role in the regulation of synaptic plasticity, learning and
- Certificate of Analysis: 1 ug/mL was sufficient for detection of KChIP3 in 20ug of mouse brain lysate by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-mouse IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Kv channel interacting protein 3, calsenilin
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-111016 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Protein G Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Kcnip3.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Kcnip3.
- Fusion protein amino acids 1-256 (Full length) of rat Calsenillin/DREAM/KChIP3
- Printable datasheet for OASE00219
- 1ug/mL (WB), 0.1-1ug/mL (IHC/ICC), 1-10ug/mL (IF)
- Storage Buffer:
- PBS pH7.4, 50% glycerol
- Target Reference:
- 1. Hille B. (2001) Ion Channels of Excitable
Membranes, 3rd Ed., Sinauer Associated Inc.:
Sunderland, MA USA.
3. Flowerdew S.E., and Burgoyne R.D. (2009) Biochem
J. 418(3): 529-540.
4. Alexander J.C., et al. (2009) Learn Mem. 16(3): 167-