- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology Kallistatin/Serpina4 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKBB00638) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immune-sorbent assay technology. A mouse monoclonal antibody specific for Kallistatin has been pre-coated onto 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips). Standards (NSO; Q21-P427) and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. After washing, abiotinylated polyclonal goat detector antibody specific for Kallistatin is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is visualized through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm and is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample Human Kallistatin captured in well.
- Kit Range:
- 156 pg/mL-1,0000 pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
|Intra-Assay Precision||Inter-Assay Precision|
- Kit Component:
|96-Well plate Pre-coated with Anti-Human Kallistatin Antibody||1 x (12 x 8 Well Strip)|
|Lyophilized Recombinant Human Kallistatin Standard||2 x 10 ng/tube|
|100X Biotinylated Anti-Human Kallistatin Antibody||1 x 130 uL|
|100X Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC)||1 x 130 uL|
|Sample Diluent Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|Antibody Diluent Buffer||1 x 12 mL|
|ABC Diluent Buffer||1 x 12 mL|
|TMB Color Developing Agent||1 x 10 mL|
|TMB Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
|10X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- KAL, Kallikrein inhibitor, kallistatin, Kallistatin, KLST, KST, Peptidase inhibitor 4, PI4, PI-4, Serpin A4
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- Serpin peptidase inhibitor, clade A (alpha-1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin), member 4, also called Kallistatin, is a protein that in humans is encoded by the SERPINA4 gene. This gene is mapped to chromosome 14q32.13. Kallistatin is a serine proteinase inhibitor (serpin) and a heparin-binding protein. It is localized in vascular smooth muscle cells and endothelial cells of blood vessels, suggesting that it may be involved in the regulation of vascular function. It shows that kallistatin plays a role in neointima hyperplasia. The potential role of kallistatin was investigated in angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo, and presented results demonstrating a novel role of the protein in the inhibition of angiogenesis and tumor growth.
- Sample Type:
- Cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma (heparin, EDTA)
- <= 10 pg/mL
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SERPINA4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SERPINA4.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.