- Official Gene Full Name:
- insulin I
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Ins-1, Ins2-rs1, Insulin-1
- Description of Target:
- Insulin decreases blood glucose concentration. It increases cell permeability to monosaccharides, amino acids and fatty acids. It accelerates glycolysis, the pentose phosphate cycle, and glycogen synthesis in liver.
- Protein Name:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates, Other biological fluids
- 0.3125 mIU/L
- Kit Range:
- 0.625 - 40 mIU/L
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: <= 7.5% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: <= 9.4% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology INS ELISA Kit (Mouse) (OKEH02984) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-mouse INS antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated INS and incubated. The INS found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated INS for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-mouse INS antibody. Excess unbound biotinylated INS and sample or standard INS is washed from the plate. Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated and washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated INS captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of INS which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-INS Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|INS Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X INS-Biotin Complex||1 x 60 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 88%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express INS.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express INS.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural Mouse Insulin. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Competitive Immunoassay