- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Interleukin-6 receptor subunit alpha
- Alias Symbols:
- CD126, IL6RA, IL-6R-1, MGC104991, IL-6R-alpha, IL6R
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-13947 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- MOUSE ANTI HUMAN CD126 (IL-6R)
- Protein Size (# AA):
- IHC-AFF, ELISA, FC, IP
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IL6R.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IL6R.
- The immunogen for anti-IL6R antibody: cHO cells transfected with cDNA of the IL-6 receptor
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-IL6R antibody - OASA01186
- Application Info:
- Flow Cytometry: 1/50
- Additional Information:
- Fusion Partners: Spleen cellls from immunised BALB/c (Iffa Credo) mice were fused with the X63/Ag.8653 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Preparation: Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography
Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Durandy, A. et al. (1994) Role of IL-6 in promoting growth of human EBV-induced B-cell tumors in severe combined immunodeficient mice. J. Immunol. 152:5361-5367
2. Lu, Z. et al. (1995) Interleukin-10 is a proliferation factor but not a differentiation factor for human myeloma cells. Blood 85:2521-2527
3. Keller, P. et al. (2005) Interleukin-6 receptor expression in contracting human skeletal muscle: regulating role of IL-6. FASEB J. 19:1181-1183.