- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- Il-6, Il6
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1265 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RAT ANTI MOUSE INTERLEUKIN-6
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Il6.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Il6.
- The immunogen for anti-Il6 antibody: recombinant murine IL-6
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-Il6 antibody - OASA05650
- Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone MP5-20F3 recognizes mouse Interleukin 6 (IL-6). IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which is principally expressed by macrophages and T-cells.
Rat anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody, clone MP5-20F3 may be used to neutralize IL-6 bioactivity in a functional assay (Abrams et al. 1992 and Kambayashi et al. 1995).
- Application Info:
- ELISA : This antibody may be used in combination with clone MP5-32C11 (OASA05651) in sandwich ELISA and ELISPOT assays.
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples. Immunol. Rev. 127: 5-24.
2. Kambayashi, T. et al. (1995) Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase type IV participates in the regulation of IL-10 and in the subsequent inhibition of TNF alpha and IL-6 release by endotoxin-stimulated macrophages. J. Immunol. 155: 4909-4916.
3. Vankelecom, H. et al. (1993) Immunocytochemical evidence that S-100- positive cells of the mouse anterior pituitary contain Interleukin-6 immunoreactivity. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 41: 151-156.
4. Skok, J. et al. (1999) Dendritic cell-derived IL-12 promotes B cell induction of Th2 differentiation: A feedback regulation of Th1 development. J. Immunol. 163: 4284-4291.
- Tips Information: