- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Interleukin-2 receptor subunit alpha
- Alias Symbols:
- IL2RAC, Il2ra
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-13946 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- MOUSE ANTI RAT CD25
- Protein Size (# AA):
- IHC-AFF, ELISA, FC, IP, IHC-FFPE
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Il2ra.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Il2ra.
- The immunogen for anti-Il2ra antibody: stimulated Rat T cells
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for anti-Il2ra antibody - OASA03915
- Application Data:
- Application #1: Staining of ConA activated rat splenic lymphocytes with Mouse anti Rat CD25:RPE
Application #2: Staining of Con A activated rat spleen cells with Mouse anti Rat CD25: Biotin
Application #3: Staining of rat spleen cells with Mouse anti Rat CD25: FITC
Application #4: Staining of stimulated rat spleen cells with Mouse anti Rat CD25:FITC
- Additional Information:
- Fusion Partners: Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the NSO/1 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Preparation: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Protocol Information:
- Citation: 1: López-Guerrero JA, López-Bote JP, Ortiz MA, Gupta RS, Páez E, Bernabeu C. Modulation of adjuvant arthritis in Lewis rats by recombinant vaccinia virus expressing the human 60-kilodalton heat shock protein. Infect Immun. 1993 Oct;61(10):4225-31. PubMed PMID: 8406810; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC281148.
Experiment Name: Flow cytometric analysis
Experiment Background: 1. JOSE et al. performed flow cytometry to analysis of lymph node cells from CFA-treated rats infected with hsp60-VV. 2. Popliteal lymph node cells were obtained and incubated for 2 days in the presence of fhsp60 or concanavalin A.
Experimental Steps: 1. Popliteal lymph node cells of Lewis rats to be stained for flow cytometric analysis were obtained.2. Lymphocytes were separated on a Ficollmetrizoate (Pharmacia) gradient, washed three times with 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) in PBS containing 10% normal rat serum, and incubated for 30 min at 4C with the appropriate monoclonal antibodies in PBS-BSA.3. Anti-CD2 (MRC OX-34), anti-CD4 (W3-25), anti-CD8 (MRC OX-8), and anti-interleukin-2-receptor (MRC OX-39) antibodies were used to stain (Bicester, United Kingdom) and cells were then washed.4. They were then incubated with rabbit anti-mouse immunoglobulin G (IgG) [F(ab')2 fragment]conjugated to fluorescein in PBS-BSA containing 10% normal rat serum.5. Cells were finally washed three times and analyzed in an EPICS-C flow cytofluorometer (Coulter Scientific, M6stoles, Spain).
Other Reagents Used: 2-mercaptoethanol,glutamine
Number Of Protocols: 1
- Target Reference:
- 1. Paterson, D.J. et al. (1987) Antigens of Activated Rat T Lymphocytes including a molecule of 50,000 Mr, detected only on CD4 positive T Blasts. Mol. Immunol. 24: 1281-1290.
2. Charteris, D.G. and Lightman, S.L. (1993) In vivo lymphokine production in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis Immunology. 78 : 387 - 392
3. Hayosh, N.S. and Swanborg, R.H. (1987) Autoimmune effector cells. IX. Inhibition of adoptive transfer of autoimmune encephalomyelitis with a monoclonal antibody specific for interleukin 2 receptors J. Immunol. 138: 3771-3775.
4. Tellides, G. et al. (1987) Functional blocking of the Interleukin-2 receptor (IL-2R), may be important in the efficacy of IL-2R antibody therapy. Transplant. Proc. XIX: 4231-4233.
5. Signore, A. et al. (1987) Detection of activated lymphocytes in endocrine pancreas of BB/W rats by injection of 123I-interleukin-2: an early sign of type 1 diabetes Lancet 2 (8558): 537-40.
6. Whiteland, J.L. et al. (1995) Immunohistochemical detection of T-cell subsets and other leukocytes in paraffin-embedded rat and mouse tissues with monoclonal antibodies. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 43: 313-320.