- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- IL-2, TCGF, lymphokine, IL2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-133118 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN INTERLEUKIN-2
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IL2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IL2.
- The immunogen for anti-IL2 antibody: recombinant human IL-2 (PHP042A)
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For l
- Printable datasheet for anti-IL2 antibody - OASA07877
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to human IL-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Protocol Information:
- Citation: 1: Morikawa K, Oseko F, Morikawa S, Iwamoto K. Immunomodulatory effects of three macrolides, midecamycin acetate, josamycin, and clarithromycin, on humanT-lymphocyte function in vitro. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1994 Nov;38(11):2643-7. PubMed PMID: 7532933; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC188255.
Experiment Name: Assessment of IL-2 activity in culture supernatants.
Experiment Background: Effect of macrolides on IL-2 production.
Experimental Steps: 1. IL-2 concentration in culture supernatant was determined with commercial enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kits (Oxford, England). 2. IL-2 content was calculated with a standard curve derived by linear dilution of the cytokine standards supplied with the respective kits. 3. The minimal sensitivity of IL-2 determination in this assay is 67 µg/ml.
Other Reagents Used: 2-aminoethylisothiouronium bromide
Number Of Protocols: 1
- Target Reference:
- 1. Fujita, T. et al. (1983) Structure of the human Interleukin 2 gene. P.N.A.S. 80: 7437-7441.
2. Nelson, B.H. (2004) IL-2, regulatory T cells, and tolerance. J. Immunol. 172: 3983-3988.