- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CD221, IGFIR, JTK13, MGC142170, MGC142172, MGC18216, IGFR
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-113594 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- This receptor binds insulin-like growth factor with a high affinity. It has tyrosine kinase activity. The insulin-like growth factor I receptor plays a critical role in transformation events. Cleavage of the precursor generates alpha and beta subunits. It is highly overexpressed in most malignant tissues where it functions as an anti-apoptotic agent by enhancing cell survival.This receptor binds insulin-like growth factor with a high affinity. It has tyrosine kinase activity. The insulin-like growth factor I receptor plays a critical role in transformation events. Cleavage of the precursor generates alpha and beta subunits. It is highly overexpressed in most malignant tissues where it functions as an anti-apoptotic agent by enhancing cell survival. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications. PRIMARYREFSEQ_SPAN PRIMARY_IDENTIFIER PRIMARY_SPAN COMP 1-140 DR007209.1 566-705 141-3559 X04434.1 136-3554 3560-4540 BC113610.1 3542-4522 4541-4921 DA486252.1 187-567 4922-5392 BX093045.1 248-718 5393-5768 CN414655.1 317-692 5769-6158 BM264223.1 185-574 6159-6580 BQ185364.1 187-608 6581-11242 AC069029.9 21278-25939 c
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, IF, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IGF1R.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IGF1R.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human IGF1R
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 92%; Pig: 100%; Rat: 92%; Sheep: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-IGF1R (AVARP00004_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: DRHSGHKAENGPGPGVLVLRASFDERQPYAHMNGGRKNERALPLPQSSTC
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- KCNIP3; UBC; ESR1; PHB2; SHC1; FBXO6; SH2B1; Slc23a3; RPL11; HSP90AA1; GRB14; FFAR2; ARRB2; AMY2A; APP; RUVBL1; GNB2L1; ARRB1; YWHAG; TP53; NEDD4; MDM2; GRB10; SUMO1; CAMP; ERBB2; EGFR; KRT27; DOK5; DOK4; WISP2; EHD1; ARHGEF12; PIK3R3; VAV3; PRKD1; SOCS2;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-IGF1R (AVARP00004_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP30448 (Previous Catalog # AAPP01032)
- Printable datasheet for anti-IGF1R (AVARP00004_P050) antibody
- Directed to the beta chain of IGF1R
- Target Reference:
- Urano,T., (2008) Spine 33 (11), 1256-1261
Kubota, T. et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor in mature osteoblasts is required for periosteal bone formation induced by reloading. Acta Astronaut. 92, 73-78 (2013). IHC, IF, WB, Cow, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat, Sheep, Zebrafish 23976802
University of Toronto
“We found that the antibody is specific to IGF1R and does not cross react with IR.”
1. Sample type/lane description: Human breast cancer cell lines: MCF7, 231, ZR.75.1.
Endogenous IP (IGF-1R Pulldown)
Lane 1: 40ug Rb IgG (MCF7)
Lane 2: 40ug MCF7
Lane 3: 40ug Rb IgG (231)
Lane 4: 40ug 231
Lane 5: 40ug Rb IgG (ZR.75.1)
Lane 6: 40ug ZR.75.1
Lane 7: 40ug MCF7 whole cell lysate
Lane 8: 40ug 231 whole cell lysate
Lane 9: 40ug ZR.75.1 whole cell lysate
2. Sample preparation method: Cells were lysed directly on a plate using a TBS + 1% triton-x-100 based lysis buffer, containing protease and phosphatase inhibitors.
3. Primary antibody dilution: 1:2000
4. Secondary antibody and dilution: Anti-rabbit whole IgG-HRP linked, 1:10000.