- Alias Symbols:
- APT1, CD95, FAS1, APO-1, FASTM, ALPS1A, TNFRSF6, FAS
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6
- Description of Target:
- RECOMBINANT HUMAN CD95 (SOLUBLE)
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 60kDa under reducing conditions
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express FAS.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express FAS.
- Product Format:
- Purified recombinant protein - liquid
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- CD95, also known as Fas/APO-1, is a death-domain (DD) containing type I membrane glycoprotein and member of the TNF receptor superfamily, expressed by activated T and B cells, neutrophils, monocytes and thymocytes, which binds to its ligand CD95L (FasL/CD178) to mediate apoptosis.
The soluble form of CD95 (sCD95), generated by alternative splicing of CD95 mRNA, has the ability to inhibit target cell apoptosis by neutralizing CD95L. Elevated levels of sCD95 have been detected in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and have been associated with a poor prognosis in renal cell cancer and melanoma patients.
This product can be used in functional studies to inhibit sCD95/CD95L mediated lysis of CD95 sensitive cells.
- Application Info:
- Functional Assays: 20 - 100ug/ml
- Additional Information:
- Approx Protein Conc: 1.0mg/ml
Buffer solution: Phosphate buffered saline
- Label Protein Molar Ratio: Human CD95 extracellular domain (aa1-154) fused to human Fc-IgG1 produced in human embryo kidney cells.
Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Printable datasheet for OPSA11040