- 1:1000 (WB)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects ~101kDa.
- Scientific Background: Hsps/chaperones are known to be expressed in plants not only when they experience high temperatures stress, but
also in response to a wide range of other environmental stresses such as water stress, salt stress, cold stress and oxidative stress (1, 2).
Hsp100 is one such major class that acts as a chaperone. Hsp101/ClpB is a member of this Hsp100 family. These proteins help dissociate protein aggregates formed during heat stress to allow them to be refolded by other chaperones. In spite of expression during heat stress, members of Hsp100 protein family are also expressed during seed development. Hsp101 protein is localized in a cytoplasm.
- Certificate of Analysis: 1ul/ml was sufficient for detection of Hsp101 in 2ug of Arabidopsis thaliana WT lysate stressed at 38C for 1.5 hours by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-rabbit IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Vierling E. (1991) Annu Rev. Plabt Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol. 42: 579-620.
2. Waters W., et al. (2004) Trends Plant Sci. 9: 244-252.
- Storage Buffer:
- Lyophilized rabbit antiserum