- Official Gene Full Name:
- heat-shock protein 101
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Rabbit antiserum
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express hsp101.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express hsp101.
- 15aa peptide sequence from the C-terminus of maize Hsp101. Gene accession number AF077337.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Zea mays. No reactivity to other cereal Hsp101.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Shipping in Blue Ice or 4C.
- Printable datasheet for OASE00444
- 1:2000 (WB)
- Additional Information:
- Background Info: Detects ~101kDa.
- Scientific Background: Hsps/chaperones are known to be expressed in plants not only when they experience high temperatures stress, but
also in response to a wide range of other environmental stresses such as water stress, salt stress, cold stress and
oxidative stress (2, 3). Hsp100 is one such major class that acts as a chaperone. Hsp101/ClpB is a member of this Hsp100 family. These proteins help dissociate protein aggregates formed during heat stress to allow them to be refolded by other chaperones. In spite of expression during heat stress, members of Hsp100 protein family are also expressed during seed development. Hsp101 protein is both nuclear and cytoplasmic-localized (1, 4).
- Certificate of Analysis: 0.7ul/ml was sufficient for detection of Hsp101 in 30ug of mature embryo maize extracts by colorimetric immunoblot analysis using Goat anti-rabbit IgG:HRP as the secondary antibody.
- Target Reference:
- 1. Nieto-Sotelo J., et al. (2002) Plant Cell. 14: 1621-1633. 2. Vierling E. (1991) Annu Rev. Plabt Physiol. Plant Mol.
Biol. 42: 579-620.
3. Waters W., et al. (2004) Trends Plant Sci. 9: 244-252.
4. Nieto-Sotelo J., Kannan K.B., Martinex L.M. and Segal C. (1999)
Gene. 230: 187-195.
- Storage Buffer:
- Lyophilized rabbit antiserum
- Tips Information: